Join The Park People as we launch the second annual Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Passport event. This event goes on all summer long and starts with your purchase of the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Passport. This pocket sized book has pictures and information about 24 county park locations along or near the 115 mile Oak Leaf Trail. When you visit these destinations, you collect special "stamps" or “keywords” in your passport. Collect at least 8 unique stamps or a combination of 5 stamps and three keywords, register your passport, and be eligible to win prizes at the end of summer.
Prizes include impressive bikes, biking
supplies, and gift certificates for local businesses and venues.
· OLDT Passports sell for $4 each, 3 for $10, and 5 for $15. Organized groups can also purchase blocks of passports at 25 for $50. If your group has not gotten passports yet be sure to contact The Park People. If you would like a speaker to come tell your group about the OLDT, contact Cheri Briscoe , firstname.lastname@example.org.
· OLDT Passport participants have until Oct. 7 to collect stamps and keywords for in person registration and the mailing date for registration is Oct. 7 The End of Summer Party party with music and a drawing for prizes will be on Sunday, October 13, 1-4pm at Estabrook Park. To qualify for the drawing you will need 8 stamps which can include up to 3 keywords. Official rules are on the back page of the passport.
· We will have 16 stamping stations this year. We are adding Washingon Park and Boerner Botanical Gardens. Thanks to the sponsorship of Wisconsin Bicycle Federation and Friends of the Hank Aaron Trail, we are including a stamping site on the Hank Aaron State Trail.
Hanson Park and the Whitnall Park Golf Clubhouse will not serve as stamping locations this year.
· This year we're also adding 9 "keyword" parks which are not on the trail, are less well known, and can be accessed on low traffic roads. The parks are; Doctors, McGovern, Estabrook, Carver, Falk, and Kozciuszko and Sheridan (sponsored by the South Shore Cyclery and museum) Explore them, on foot, with a walker, or on a skateboard, and discover the diversity of our parks. You will find the keyword in the lid of the PLDT mailbox placed in the park. There will be a line in the passport for you to record the keyword and the date you visited.
· If you are in an organized group that is doing rides, runs, or walks to get passport stamps, let The Park People know so we can promote your event on our website.
1. Get out, get active, and rediscover your Milwaukee County Parks.
2. Visit OLDT locations and collect one unique stamp from each. Collect a minimum of eight (8) unique OLDT stamps or a combination of 5 stamps and 3 keywords in your Passport or on a sheet of paper to be eligible for prizes at the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Party & Concert, October 13th, 2013 at Estabrook Park.
3. Register for the prize drawing by visiting Milwaukee County Parks Administration, 9480 Watertown Plank Rd., Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m., before October 9th, 2013. Bring your stamped Passport or stamped sheet of paper to prove you have collected 8 unique OLDT stamps or a combination of 5 stamps and 3 keywords
Register by mailing your stamped Passport or stamped sheet of paper to prove you have collected 8 unique OLDT stamps or a combination of 5 stamps and 3 keywords. Include your name, address, and phone number. Send to: The Park People 1845 N. Farwell Ave., Suite 100 Milwaukee, WI 53202 postmarked by October 7th, 2013. Passports will be available for pick up after Nov. 1, 2013. The Park People will not be held responsible for returning Passports. Please call The Park People at 414-273-7275 to arrange for pick up.
4. Registered entrants need not be present at the Oak Leaf Discovery Tour Party & Concert to be eligible for prizes.
5. One entry per person.
NOTE: All Parks and Parkways close at 10 p.m.
All net proceeds from the sale of Passports will be used for enhancements of the Oak Leaf Trail.
If you have questions about The Oak Leaf Discovery Tour, please contact us!
Passport locations may be closed due to unforeseen circumstances
Oak Leaf Discovery Tour
Passports can be purchased at the following locations:
(dependent on the weather and if the golf clubhouses are open)
Passports are sold for $4, 3 for $10 or 5 for $15
Brown Deer Park Golf Clubhouse
7835 N. Green Bay Rd. Milwaukee
Currie Golf Clubhouse
3535 N. Mayfair Rd. Wauwatosa
Dretzka Park Golf Clubhouse
12020 W. Bradley Rd. Milwaukee
Grant Park Golf Clubhouse
100 E. Hawthorne Ave. South Milwaukee
Greenfield Park Golf Clubhouse
2028 S. 124th St. Greenfield
Lincoln Park Golf Clubhouse
1301 W. Hampton Ave. Milwaukee
1750 N. Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee
Warnimont Park Golf Clubhouse
5400 S. Lake Drive Cudahy
Wehr Nature Center
9701 W. College Ave. Franklin
Boerner Botanical Gardens
9400 Boerner Drive, Hales Corners
Wheel & Sprocket Stores at:
13925 W. Capitol Drive Brookfield
6940 N. Santa Monica Blvd. Fox Point
5722 S. 108th St. Hales Corners
528 Wells St. Delafield
South Shore Cyclery
4758 S. Packard Ave. Cudahy
OR through the Park People website at: