Starting a Friends Group
Why Form a Friends Group?
Your park needs you, now more than ever. Our parks are showing the signs of over twenty years of budget cuts. Staffing and facility maintenance are at an all time low. Your commitment to become an integral part of a Friends Group will not only be of benefit to YOUR park, it will benefit you as a person and your community as well.
THE PARK PEOPLE COORDINATES WITH THE MILWAUKEE COUNTY PARKS OUTREACH COORDINATOR ON FRIENDS GROUPS STARTS UPS AND SUPPORT.
Don’t See a Friends Group Listed for Your Favorite Park? Start One by Calling (414) 273-7275 or emailing The Park People.
What Will The Park People Do to Help Us Get Started?
- Assist in Identifying Concerned Citizens, Create Flyers to Interest a Broader Audience
- Coordinate Your Initial Meeting
- Facilitate Appointment of Initial Officers
- Create a Survey to Identify Group Priorities
- Assist/Facilitate in Identifying Group Mission Statement
- Provide Fiscal Sponsorship for Your Park Projects (optional)
What is Fiscal Sponsorship?
The Park People knows Friends Groups just want their money and time to benefit their park, but many find themselves spending valuable donor dollars and volunteer hours on paperwork!
Fiscal Sponsorship through The Park People can provide your Friends Group with
- A Sound, Experienced Financial Partner
- Tax-Deductible Donations
- Donation Acknowledgements
- Project Financial Management
- Tax-Free Labor and Materials
- Quarterly Reports
- Annual Audit
- Raffle License
- Web Presence
On average, we hold over $30,000 for the Friends Groups for whom we have approved Fiscal Sponsorship. Please know we manage your project with honesty and integrity.
The Park People’s fiscal sponsorship of your Friends Group is a financial arrangement and we know you’ll have questions. Please contact us for additional information.
The terms of Fiscal Sponsorship are regulated by the IRS.